My name is Jarno Ralli and currently I work at Fuel3D (Oxfordshire, U.K) as technical lead for algorithm development related to 3D scanners. Fuel3D makes affordable 3D scanners, for both consumbers and B2B customers, that obtain extremely good results price-precision wise. My work consists of improving and developing machine vision algorithms, such as shape from shading (SFS), 3D-reconstruction based on stereo-images, image segmentation and related techiques. I have more than 9 years of experience in the field of machine vision, having worked both in the academy and the industry. I obtained the title of P.hD from the University of Granada, Spain, in December 2011. My doctoral thesis is related to computer vision, more specifically it deals with such techniques as calculating optical flow fields (image registration), stereo disparity calculation used to obtain 3D data from stereo images and image segmentation. Before joining Fuel3D I worked at ValueFrame Oy (Helsinki, Finland) as a project manager in ICT-related projects.
- Name: Jarno Ralli
- Place of birth: Finland, 1973
- Nationality: Finnish
- Civil status: married, no children
- E-mail: jarno AT ralli.fi
- PhD, University of Granada, Spain, 2006-2011.
- MSc in computer sciences, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland, 2002-2006.
- BSc in mechanical engineering (automation), Polytechnic of Jyväskylä, Finland, 1994-2000.
- Technical lead for algorithm development at Fuel3D (Oxfordshire, U.K), 2014 onwards
- Project manager of R&D projects at ValueFrame (Helsinki, Finland), 2013-2014
- Researcher in the field of machine vision at the University of Granada, Spain, 2006-2013
- Automation engineer at Larox Oyj (Outotec) at Santiago de Chile's office (Chile), 2001-2003
- Automation engineer at Larox Oyj (Outotec) at HQ (Lappeenranta, Finland), 1998-2000
MY CURRICULUM VITAE
- Link to my CV
- Have a look at my LinkedIn profile
- Have a look at my Google Scholar profile
- Have a look at my researcher ID
- Take a look at my videos at my Youtube channel
IN A HURRY AND WANT TO SEE SOME RESULTS?
- Link to publications
- Link to overtaking detection using optical flow
- Link to disparity fusion and disambiguation
- Link to spatial-temporal constraining
- Link to disparity densification
- Link to representation spaces