My name is Jarno Ralli and I have a background in computer vision and industrial automation. I have more than 9 years of experience in the field of computer vision, having worked both in the academy and the industry. My expertise covers techniques such as stereo vision, shape from shading (SFS), 3D reconstruction, image segmentation, calcuting movement based on optical flow, and so on. In December 2011 I obtained the title of P.hD from the University of Granada, Spain in the field of computer vision. My doctoral thesis deals with topics such as image registration (stereo- and optical flow) and automatic segmentation of depth maps. Apart from computer vision, I have more than five years of experience in the field of industrial automation.
- Name: Jarno Ralli
- Place of birth: Finland, 1973
- Nationality: Finnish
- Civil status: married, no children
- E-mail: jarno AT ralli.fi
- PhD, University of Granada, Spain, 2006-2011.
- MSc in computer sciences, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland, 2002-2006.
- BSc in mechanical engineering (automation), Polytechnic of Jyväskylä, Finland, 1994-2000.
- Technical director at pointvision (Pittsburg PA, Pennsylvania, USA), 2017 onwards
- Technical lead for algorithm development at Fuel3D (Oxfordshire, U.K), 2014-2016
- Project manager of R&D projects at ValueFrame (Helsinki, Finland), 2013-2014
- Researcher in the field of machine vision at the University of Granada, Spain, 2006-2013
- Automation engineer at Larox Oyj (Outotec) at Santiago de Chile's office (Chile), 2001-2003
- Automation engineer at Larox Oyj (Outotec) at HQ (Lappeenranta, Finland), 1998-2000
MY CURRICULUM VITAE
- Link to my CV
- Have a look at my LinkedIn profile
- Have a look at my Google Scholar profile
- Have a look at my researcher ID
- Take a look at my videos at my Youtube channel
IN A HURRY AND WANT TO SEE SOME RESULTS?
- Link to publications
- Link to overtaking detection using optical flow
- Link to disparity fusion and disambiguation
- Link to spatial-temporal constraining
- Link to disparity densification
- Link to representation spaces